Last updated 22 October 2022
What & Why
- Information about accounts. When you sign up for an account, upgrade to a paid plan, or set up two-factor authentication, for example, we collect the information you give us and link it to your account (like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address).
- Usage information. We collect information about how you use the Services, such as the actions you take in your account. We use this information to provide, improve, and promote our Service. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about how we use this usage information.
- Device information. We also get information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the website you were on before you came to our sites, and identifiers for your devices. Depending on how they are set up, your devices may also send location information to the Services. For example, we use information about devices to spot abuse and find and fix bugs.
- Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. If our systems receive a DNT:1 signal from your browser, we’ll respond to that signal as outlined here. We may also use third-party service providers that set cookies and similar technologies to promote the services. You can learn more about how cookies and similar technologies work, as well as how to opt out of the use of them for advertising purposes, here.
- Bases for processing your data. We collect and use the personal information listed above so that we can give you the Services in a safe and reliable way. We also need to collect and use personal information for our business. When we use your personal information for other reasons, we ask for your permission first or make sure that our partners get your permission.
Before reaching out to people in the EU, we or a third party will get their permission. If you get an email from Pontbot and no longer want to hear from us, you can unsubscribe and be taken off our contact list right from the email.
Why we need your data
We collect your personal data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of pontbot.hu
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or for as long as the law requires us to.
- keep your email data until you unsubscribe
- keep your feedback data for 3 years
- delete access log data which contain your IP address after 120 days
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA) (Amazon and Netlify).
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Have questions or concerns about Pontbot, our Services, and privacy? Contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If they can’t answer your question, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this policy